Since our inception in 1946, Northwest Georgia Football Officials Association has a commitment to excellence in football officiating that is unequaled. Our membership is a diverse, professional and dedicated group that is committed to providing the highest level of officiating to all the Georgia High School Association member schools.
We cover the greater NW region of Georgia from Rossville to Adairsville, Rome to Blue Ridge and all parts between. If you're wanting more information about what the first season as a NWGFOA official is like, visit What to Expect. We are currently taking applications for the 2016 season.
GHSA, for a second consecutive season selected one of our crews to work a state championship. There is a strong sense of accomplishment amongst the members of NWGFOA but we are not satisfied. We are committed to improving upon an already strong team of officials.
The 2016 GHSA Training Camp schedule has been released.
Westminster Middle School
GAOA - Macon Centreplex
Georgia Southern University
Albany - Lee County HS
Georgia Highlands College
The cost of camp is $80 if you register 14 days prior to the start, walk up registration is $110. Register here.
Quote of the Week
- Very few of us fail to make mistakes. This does not excuse mistakes, but it at least puts us in good company. General George S. Patton
- N/A, July 9, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Atlanta)
- N/A, July 15, 2016 – July 16, 2016 – Southeastern 7on7 Tournament
- N/A, July 16, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Athens)
- N/A, July 22, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Macon)
- N/A, July 30, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Georgia Southern)
- N/A, August 6, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Albany)
- N/A, August 13, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Cartersville)
Previous Case Book Review Question
With 4/5 on B’s 20, A1 is downed on B’s 16-yard line. During the down, the coach of B is on the field arguing with a game official.
RULING: 1/10 for B at B's 8-yard line Rule 5.1.2
A1 was stopped short of the line to gain. The penalty on B's coach is an unsportsmanlike and administered as a dead ball foul. A loses possession on a turnover on downs. B's penalty is enforced half the distance from the 16 yard line, the dead ball spot.