The GHSA Online Rules Clinic is July 25th - August 15th. It takes about 20 minutes and must be completed to be playoff eligible.
The GHSA Officials Exam is July 25th - August 8th. An official must score at least a 84 to be playoff eligible.
Since our inception in 1946, Northwest Georgia Football Officials Association has a commitment to excellence in football officiating that is unequaled. Our membership is a diverse, professional and dedicated group that is committed to providing the highest level of officiating to all the Georgia High School Association member schools.
We cover the greater NW region of Georgia from Rossville to Adairsville, Rome to Blue Ridge and all parts between. If you're wanting more information about what the first season as a NWGFOA official is like, visit What to Expect. We are currently taking applications for the 2016 season.
GHSA, for a second consecutive season selected one of our crews to work a state championship. There is a strong sense of accomplishment amongst the members of NWGFOA but we are not satisfied. We are committed to improving upon an already strong team of officials.
The 2016 GHSA Training Camp schedule has been released.
Westminster Middle School
GAOA - Macon Centreplex
Georgia Southern University
Albany - Lee County HS
Georgia Highlands College
The cost of camp is $80 if you register 14 days prior to the start, walk up registration is $110. Register here.
Quote of the Week
- The difference between excellence and mediocrity is commitment. Mike Krzyzewski
- N/A, July 30, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Georgia Southern)
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, August 1, 2016 – Meeting (SG)
- N/A, August 6, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Albany)
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, August 8, 2016 – Meeting (Calhoun)
- N/A, August 13, 2016 – GHSA Training Camp (Cartersville)
- 11:59 pm, August 15, 2016 – Meeting (SG)
- 11:59 pm, August 22, 2016 – Meeting (DSC)
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, August 29, 2016 – Meeting (DSC)
Previous Case Book Review Question
4/9 for K from its own 40 yd line. R10 holds K11 at K 42 yd line. R11 catches the kick at R 25 yd line and is tackled at R 29 yd line.
RULING: K's ball, 1/10 from the 50 yd line. Rule 10.4.3
If K accepts the penalty for holding, it will be K's ball,
first and 10 from the 50-yard line. Post-scrimmage kick enforcement applies only
to R fouls committed beyond the expanded neutral zone. (2-41-6)